Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Public Art





Really? FaceValue

Glue, Crayon,Pennies, Beads

When people  are walking they tend to either to look ahead or down. When walking if one finds a penny and they pick it up it kind of brightens  there day or at least makes them a little cheerful or childlike. So I place me piece in a place where I noticed a lot of people walk by everyday. They walk fast and they're  focused on where they're going not looking around at the world around them.
 The saying  " See a penny pick it up all day long you have good luck". Is the text in my piece and also this popular saying inspired it, because it's something that I say when I pick up a penny, like a ritual almost like if I don't say it the penny isn't lucky. A lot of people now a days think pennies have no value, but everything starts with one. I put the pennies face up because I was told that they'll only bring you luck if there face up not down. I want others to notice it and look around at the world when there walking. To change there mindset by having them looking for little details in objects or look for things where they never would have thought of looking.  They statement that my piece is making is that even the normal everyday things have value and shouldn't go unnoticed.

the sad thing is though due to the snow, it's gone.

womp womp


No comments: